Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, there you are...............

You would not believe the trouble I had finding you, my missing blog. I searched everywhere and of all the places. Who would have thought it!!!! Sorry that i just left you here to your own thoughts. It has been pretty rough lately for our family. First, my own small family has been dealing with some things that hopefully over. It is so easy to sometimes stop doing what works. Me and Katie both know how important God is in our life. We want our son to know God. To walk with Him, and take refuge in Him. With the world becoming what it is, God is our only chance. I could give plenty of excuses(even some that we actually believe) as to why we might stay home on Sunday. Somebody sick, studying, stayed up to late so now we cant get up,even the Saints game. We read when we first got married, actually before, about how either you grow together toward God or you grow apart. In our case, we grew apart. We would be at least friendly while John Austin is awake, but once he went to bed, it got ice cold and really, really quiet. This has been going on for a few months. Not either one of our faults individually but both our faults together. Well, God is back in His rightful place and things are getting better already. I hope it it will be a lesson we both learn now so we don't have a repeat or worse later on.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

So true, Trey...so true..experience has taught me the same.

Anonymous said...

Amen... when your Uncle Mike and I first got married, he said (and still says)that as long as we love God first and foremost, and put Him first in our individual lives, then everything else will fall into its proper place, especially our relationship with one another... and it's so true... we love y'all...

Anonymous said...

So glad God gave you the wisdom to see this truth. Church, prayer, and reading the Scripture is what equips us for all of life, but especially for our marriage. Without those things, we are completely unprepared and destined to fail. We CANNOT do it on our own, and the consequences of trying it that way can be devestating. You see it all the time, sadly.

I want to encourage you to find a good church body to be a part of. I know you've been several different places, and it's not an easy decision, but it's so important. You both need the support and love you'll find there, and to be under good teaching! I'll be praying that God directs you clearly where He wants you.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture on your blog of your beautiful wife and wonderful son... it seems like only yesterday that you were that small... and it just amazes me that you're all grown up and have your own son... wow...

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

missing you... loving you... praying for you... where you been... oh, yeah... school...

aunt vickie said...

I miss you terribly...

Nanny White said...

I love you. I can hardly wait til I get to see you all again and love on that little John Austin.