Thursday, December 11, 2008

Looking back....

Well, in case you missed it, this year is almost over. If you blinked, you were already in June and if you yawned, it was Thanksgiving. This has been a really good year for me. Besides the obvious things, there are a lot of internal positives that came also. My year started out in a Drug Rehab Center. For most, that would be a terrible place to start the a new year. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I was for being in that center when this year started. By all earthly reasons, I should have started it behind some rusty, cold, hard metal doors. I should have started this year with one change of clothes and with no fireworks or black eyed peas or anything like that. God is so amazing. I know that I do not deserve the mercy or grace that He has put towards my way. I still have along way to go. Most of us do, but I do know that one year ago, I was not in the same spiritual, mental, or physical condition that I am today, even though I might could have gone without being in the "physical condition" that I am right now. I might not have paid off any bills in the last twelve months and I am quite sure I actually started a few hundred dollars worth of new ones, but to know that God is working and there is NO other explanation that could be given, it really humbles you. Makes me realize just how much effort I am really putting into it. I do not know what the next year has in store but I do know that God will be there with me every step of the way. And as I look back on the the past year, I can praise Him all over again for the miracles, and that's what they were, that He performed in my life and my family's life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, Trey! Keep looking UP, God will never let you DOWN. Love you!

Ashley said...

I'm proud of you too!

flight of the featherless said...

I can't tell you just how peaceful my heart is to read this,Trey. There's a reason you made it into the rehab center last year, things like that just don't happen for no reason...There is some big plan for you that I'm so excited to watch unfold. It makes me really happy to see that you are happy and that your life is full of love..

Anonymous said...

I love you, wonderful nephew...