Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Books

Thank God for books. I am so thankful for those small print books. The ones in which I can escape my life. I know I can get so sick of the bills and the problems and the stress of life and all that goes with it. I haven't always been an avid reader but lately I have gotten more and more into them. It is so nice to be able to lay in the bed and be somebody else. Its great to escape and start in the middle of a someone else's life. One that has no responsibilities attached to it. I've never received a phone call from not one of the bill collector's of my characters in any book I have read. That is so nice. Nor do I ever have to do anything physical in any of the books I have read.( I know, I know, I am lazy huh) The best part about reading is that in the books I read(spy, lawyer type, fiction books), the good guy always wins. He might die, but its to save the world, or to save some family from some heartache. Wouldn't it be nice if in the life we led, good would always win over evil. The little guy would always triumph over the big man on campus. Don't get me wrong, We have our moments in this life too. Its not always bad but it seems to always be a battle between good and bad with good not always prevailing in every situation. I know that in the big picture, we as Christians will win in the end, which is very reassuring, but in the mean time, I guess I'll have to settle for good as it happens, and read more books!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, too, Nephew... I love happy endings... and I love good winning over evil... guess that's why Walker Texas Ranger is still a favorite of mine...

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you have evolved into a "book-worm".

It's a trait that I am so glad to have passed on to my kids.

Some may call it escapism or a waste, but in my life is has been therapy.

aunt vickie said...

loving y'all and missing y'all immensely...