Friday, November 7, 2008

Bottle Full





Tonight, as I sat there feeding my son, I started to wonder what thoughts go through God's head. I mean, my son was really wanting to be fed. He only depends on me for food and I knew what it was he was wanting. As I held him in my arms, he saw me make the bottle and he absolutely went crazy for it. Once we sat down in the glider, he was so happy that I was about to give him that bottle. And then it happened like it mostly does, he finished his bottle and was so full, he was able to rest. I began to wonder if God sees it the same way with us. We might really be struggling and going through all sorts of storms and God knows what we need. Like my son, we might not even know what we need at that time. He is waiting there, bottle in hand, to fill us with His love and give us the only thing that can quench our thirst. I hope God feels as rewarded as I do when my son is full, sound asleep on my chest. What a feeling that is! And then the thought hit me that it is only then that I am at total peace with the world and all the chaos that is in this world seems to slowly fade away. If you are like me, sometimes this life can seem so unfair and so crazy. It is so easy to get caught up in the commotion. Thank God we have those moments of rest. Those moments of being fully filled with His love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great insight, Trey. I loved it and need to remember this one myself.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday and hope it was a good one. this writing thing must run in the family. you seem to be a little gifted with the pen too. love ya

Anonymous said...

beautiful insight... love you, nephew of mine...